- Just want to help out?
- Looking to learn new skills?
- Keen to meet other people?
- Fired up to make a difference?
Volunteering can help you do it.
For that reason alone, volunteering can be one of the most rewarding investments you'll ever make. Whether you have a little or lots of time to give there will be something there for you.
It provides an opportunity to:
- Give something back to an organisation that has impacted on a person's life, either directly or indirectly
- Make a difference to the lives of others
- Help the environment
- Help others less fortunate or without a voice
- Feel valued and part of a team
- Spend quality time away from work or a busy lifestyle
- Gain confidence and self-esteem
For some, volunteering can be a route to employment, or a chance to try something new which may lead to a career change. From this perspective, volunteering can be a way of:
- Gaining new skills, knowledge and experience
- Developing existing skills and knowledge
- Enhancing a CV
- Improving one's employment prospects
- Gaining an accreditation
- Using one's professional skills and knowledge to benefit others
For others, volunteering appeals because of its social benefits. These include:
- Meeting new people and making new friends
- A chance to socialise
- Getting to know the local community
- Travelling the world